Monday 11 May 2009

Group Project - 1st Interview - Ruby West

Today I did a little addition to the documentary by myself, with a little help from my mother. Out of my two relatives and neighbour I had hoped would participate in the documentary, only my Nan, Ruby west, agreed to take part. The others were interested but very camera-shy.



So this was my first chance to practice, ahead of the big filming days at the Somerset legion house and Flowerdown house, which were coming up shortly. The questions I asked my Nan would be the same as I will be asking in the upcoming locations.



For the interview, I was the interviewer and the camera-operator at the same time, which proved a little tricky, but was able to deal with it. After testing the camera and boom microphone, I was ready to begin the interview, with aid from my mother holding the boom in place throughout the interview.



The interview went well and I gained the answers that I was looking for by the time I had finished. I think the interview would be a good addition to the documentary, but we have a lot of interviews to film in the near future, so we will see which ones are the best for the finished product.

1 comment:

Kim Brooke said...

6 x links, 4 x photos.